Tuesday, April 26, 2011

nyc

This past week, over my spring break, my mother and I took a trip to New York City so I could sit in on a few classes at New York University before making my final decision. (Spoiler alert: I decided on NYU!)
We stayed with my mother's best friend, Dennis, in his wonderful apartment around the corner from Times Square. His window views are incredible, the city at night is absolutely breathtaking.
The first two days we mainly hung around the general campus area of NYU near Washington Square Park. This was the first time I had seen the "campus" filled with real-life college students (the last time I visited was during the summertime when it had been completely bereft of students).
Here is lil ole me in front of the Washington Square Arch. I was on "Spring" break, yet it was so cold, I dressed as if it were the middle of winter!
(Picture courtesy of my mother, photographer-in-training!)
Near the end of my first day in the city, Tuesday, I met up with the girls of the band Say Chance and their agent Pete! We had a great time shooting around Central Park and I can't wait to share the photos soon!
There was a lapse of a few days or so where I visited NYU classes and traveled around the city without taking too many pictures. But, on Friday, we took the subway to Williamsburg in Brooklyn. There was a Good Friday parade going down Bedford Avenue. Bedford Avenue was lovely, there were a bunch of vintage boutiques and eclectic cafes. I found my Boba Tea that I'd been craving all week!
Finally, on Friday afternoon it was time for my mother and I to head back to the airport. We took our last subway ride of the trip and waved goodbye to our beloved Metro Cards.
I seem to always take a handful of random pictures during the cab ride to the airport.
When we got to the airport, we sat in the airport terminal for three hours before boarding the plane two hours later than we had expected.
Our plane sat on the runway for close to 3 hours before they finally took us back to the gate, there was bad weather in Chicago (where we were going to catch our connection to Sacramento). So....it was back to the city for one more night, I couldn't complain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment