Monday, April 25, 2011

san francisco


I've recently decided that I will sporadically (maybe eventually routinely) use my blog to update about personal experiences/trips!

Two Saturdays ago, I drove to San Francisco for the day to attend an admitted students reception for NYU. Even though I live in Sacramento, not more than two hours away from SF, I hardly ever make trips to the Bay Area.

My mother and I decided to wake up early that Saturday so we could spend the day shopping and exploring since the reception was in the afternoon. We walked and shopped on Haight Street. As I was walking down Haight, I stumbled upon the Crossroads poster of my winning photo of Janine! This is the 3rd place I've personally seen it so far (Sacramento, Santa Cruz, and now SF!)

After a little success shopping down Haight Street we headed over to Union Square and had lunch before finally attending the NYU reception. I was almost sure I would be attending NYU already but I still wanted to meet other prospective students and hear more about the school. One of the admissions directors there actually remembered reading my application which I found really comforting considering there were over 42k applications to NYU this year! I also made a few new friends and saw an old one!

After the admitted students reception I was dying to visit Berkeley and go to this wonderful vegan restaurant my friends had taken me to before, Herbivore. I'm by no means disciplined enough to be  vegan, let alone a vegetarian, but I jump at the chance to try new vegan food when I can.

As we were driving home after Herbviore, the sunset was absolutely stunning. 

Then...we took a wrong turn off the freeway and ended up by the Berkeley Marina for just a few moments. I quickly tried to snap a few shots of the gorgeous view of the bay as we headed back towards the freeway.

This concludes my first "personal" post, I hope to do more in the future and to take more pictures to give a greater visual idea of my experiences!




2 comments:

  1. this is a great idea about posting personal experience! And the pictures in here are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you so much! i appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete