Monday, January 2, 2012

the holidays, 2011


I may be Jewish (non-practicing, yet culturally) but I still have a penchant for the holiday season and all festivities related to Christmas. Every Christmas Eve we visit the home of our good family friends, The Landrys. Dorothy always makes incredible food, it's like having two Thanksgivings in one year. It's always nice to catch up with their family because I've known them for my entire life and consider Dorothy to be sort of like a second Mom. Also in attendance every year is Julie and Alexa, whose mother is best friends with Dorothy. I actually did a shoot with Julie this past week, I'll be sharing it very soon!


Colby, Dorothy's daughter and one of my oldest friends in the world.


My mother after Christmas Eve dinner. So jealous of her navy velvet dress.

On actual Christmas day it has become a tradition for the past four or so years for my mother and I to go to my mother's boyfriend's family home on their ranch in Placerville. The event is usually incredibly hectic, with anywhere from 10-15 people. It's always been a sort of interesting experience for me because I'm an only child with divorced parents and no first cousins. But, this year was a little different because my mother's boyfriend and his two sons were in India over the holiday and one of the aunt's and her children decided to stay back. Nonetheless, it was still so nice to be out at the ranch, which is the complete polar opposite of New York City.


The night before New Year's Eve I went out to dinner with two of my best friends, Jess and Summer. We drove around after, caught up, snapped a few pictures; I've missed them so much.


For New Year's Eve, one of my best friends, Jane, threw a lovely potluck dinner at her house, an "East Coast New Year's Eve" that started 3 hours earlier. It felt just like old times with everyone getting together.

Here is me and Jess @ Jane's

Afterward a few of us went to a party at a friend's house to celebrate the countdown West Coast Style; saw some old faces and met some new ones. Made my New Years Resolution (I think): to be unafraid to be myself.

I can't believe 2012 is here already....crossing my fingers for a lucky, enjoyable year ahead!

Hope everyone's holidays went well and wishing you all a happy new year!


P.S. Still in an Antlers sort of mood, enjoy this lovely song:

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos, especially the last one (:

    ReplyDelete