Tuesday, February 14, 2012

nyfw fall 2012// monday


As part of my photography internship at StyleCaster, I was given the wonderful opportunity to do some street style reporting for the site during NYFW! 

It's strange realizing that just a year ago I was searching through street style blogs admiring all of the inspiring faces of NYFW, and here I am photographing them this time around.

I have to admit it's extremely intimidating being surrounded by people with such wonderful ways of putting together classy yet thought-provoking outfits. I tried my best to dress fashion forward but professional, only to be shown up by dozens of other photographers who looked like the street style stars themselves. Wednesday, I promise I'll be more prepared!

Monday morning I headed over to Lincoln Center around 10 a.m. to hang out around Alice Tuly Hall where Rachel Roy's Fall 2012 presentation was being shown. Since the venue had gigantic floor-to-ceiling windows, I got a peek at her beautiful collection, despite being there to document street style.

Here are some of the chic trendsetters I came across!

Pictured below is a lovely FIT student and model named Caitlin Corcoran wearing a breathtaking spiked dress by her friends' up & coming label, DOZANI!


I hung around the fountain at Lincoln Center where patrons from the Carolina Herrera show were exiting in the packs. Small little "squee" moments were when Grace Coddington of Vogue walked right past me, as well as Andrew Bevan of Teen Vogue.

As I was leaving Lincoln Center to head over to Chelsea, I ran right into Kristin Cavalleri who was kind enough to let me snap a shot of her. She is always seen as a "bitch" on reality shows, but I have to say she struck me as one of the sweetest people I met throughout the course of the day!


Next, I headed to West 26th Street where DKNY was having their show. I had arrived fairly early and was walking around aimlessly when I ran into my most favorite model EVER, Cara Delevingne. I remember browsing through ASOS for hours and putting items in my cart just because I secretly wanted the pieces to make me look just as beautiful as her! 



The legend Bill Cunningham outside of DKNY, I couldn't believe we were at the same event photographing the same people. Totally starstruck!



DKNY had a wonderfully eclectic crowd...all sorts of age groups and styles. Saw a few entertainment celebrities such as Ashley Greene and Emmy Rossum, as well as industry celebrities (in my opinion) like Joanna Coles, the editor-in-chief of Marie Claire, and Donna Karan herself!


By the end of the day I had such Celine bag envy...


After DKNY, it was back to Lincoln Center for another round of street-style stalking!



At the end of the day I ran into Shenae Grimes (Any Degrassi or 90210 fans out there?)


I'll be back at Lincoln Center for a final round of fashion week on Wednesday and I'm so, so excited to experience the craziness all over again!

xx Jacqueline

4 comments:

  1. my clothes are like potato sacks compared to these lovely people.

    this is awesome, good luck with your internship and i hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy good jackie! can't wait to see way more fashion posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud! You rock at street style photography, my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwww all your photos are actually brilliant they have such a nice tonee to them if that makes sense haha xD can i just ask what camera do you use? x x

    ReplyDelete