Sunday, March 4, 2012

sleepwalking


This weekend was marked by a little bit of laziness due to the fact that I'm currently fighting off sickness likely caused from exhaustion and stress. I'm not always the best at prioritizing, though; the weekend is the only time of the week that I don't feel weighed down by tasks and assignments so I wasn't about to sacrifice the entire weekend staying in. 

On Thursday evening, I went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art with Maddie and Allie because the museum was holding a free event for college students in honor of the opening of some new galleries for the Art of the Arab Lands, Turkey, Iran, Central Asia, and Later South Asia. We had a fun time getting dressed up, but the event itself was a little disappointing because it was more remniscient of a high school prom.

Friday evening started off early with an impromptu dance party in Maddie's room before she, Eden, and Luis went off to a concert in Brooklyn. Vanessa and I thought about going, but felt a little too tired to make the subway trek. We all danced to loud tunes from the 50s and Chicago The Musical. One of my favorite moments thus far with friends here in New York City.


Eden.
Maddie.
Luis.

After people left for Brooklyn, Vanessa and I stayed back and she showed me some inspiring fashion campaign videos. That night, I fell in love with Prada. I'm probably the last person on this earth to have seen the beautifully orchestrated Spring/Summer 2012 campaign video, but if you have not seen it I encourage you to do so. 




Myself,  wearing Vanessa's chic specs.


Laziness in the Study Lounge with Vanessa.

Later, Vanessa and I went out $1 pizza in the rain and met up with my friends Graham and Miles and some of their friends at their dorm where we sat around listening to some jazz, which was a nice mix between relaxing and social. I ended running into a bunch of friends who live in the building and whom I hadn't seen in awhile, which was a wonderful surprise.

Saturday daytime was spent "studying" with friends. About an hour into studying at the library, we took a break for smoothies and found the sociable dining hall to be a more enticing (and distracting) place to get work done.

After spending the entire day cooped up doing work, I felt anxious to get dressed up. I put on my grungy grandma-esque sweaters and a beanie (Maddie said I looked like Mary-Kate, the ultimate compliment in my book). Vanessa styled and lent me her navy blue maxi to finish off my homeless-chic outfit.


That evening, I went out to dinner with some of my favorites, Logan and Sandy. We found a wonderful, little (literally) crepe restaurant on St. Mark's where we enjoyed cheap grub and eachother's company. 


Midterms are this week, which means I'm about to go temporarily crazy with stress. Fortunately, though, my mom will be visiting all the way from California for this coming weekend and Spring Break is next week when my best friend, Jess, will be visiting from Arizona as well.

P.S. for those who are interested in my fashion/editorial work, I have a very exciting shoot coming up within the next few weeks and a few others in the works. Can't wait to start taking advantage of the networking here in the city..!

Happy Spring to those who have some time off from school or are getting some warm weather back into their life!

xx Jacqueline

4 comments:

  1. I understand fashion, I know it's not always politically correct, and that that is not the point, but you're not sucked in to that level yet. You're a fresh photographer whom I admire, so, I'm a little surprised:

    homeless-chic? really? I get the look, but have some respect for those who are not fortunate enough to be wearing their choice of clothing for fun and fashion. Be careful with your word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to offend and I'm sorry if it came off that way, it's a play on the fact that Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen are often referred to as having a homeless/bag-lady sort of style...
    I am very empathetic to and respectful of the homeless population and meant no harm whatsoever..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe (or assume, since I'm not Jackie) that homeless-chic was being said facetiously...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enough. I definitely don't follow Mary Kate and Ashley, so I guess I just didn't get it. :P I didn't think you meant harm - I was just more warning against the implications of using this sort of word choice in writing- plenty of bloggers and writers get blasted for this sort of thing, and whether or not that bothers them is beside the point that it is just a little disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete