Friday, March 16, 2012

spring gathering

Whenever a fellow Flickr friend is in town, the group gathers for the event...and it's always an adventure across different neighborhoods. Ann He was visiting this past weekend so we planned a dinner for Monday evening in the East Village. Sandy chose the quaint Yaffa Cafe located on St. Mark's, a spot I had always wanted to try but hadn't found the occasion to. The decor was a mix of glamorous and outrageous, funky wallpaper and lighting added to the eclectic vibe of the cafe. It was wonderful to catch up with everyone, especially people like Shriya and Tara and Kenneth whom I hadn't seen in awhile.

The lovely Ann!

After dinner, we spent some time in a bookshop next door, looking through stacks of books and boxes of prints of photographs and art. 


Walking towards Soho we stumbled upon the cutest, happiest little dog I ever did see. This little pomeranian's fur was shaking wildly in the wind but its smile was so bright in spite of its obvious aversion to the cold. Sandy started petting the dog only to find out a few minutes later that the dog's name, too, was Sandy.


Kenneth led us to the Little Cupcake Bakeshop in Soho and Shriya and I split a scrumptious piece of Blueberry Cheesecake (Jessie described it as "extremely photogenic"...and who would I be if I didn't point-and-shoot?).


The night ended with an exciting trip to Kenneth's roof where the seven of us (myself, Sandy, Jessie, Shriya, Kenneth, Tara and Ann) sang covers of Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, and Regina Spektor while staring at the beautiful, brightly-lit skyline.



Tara, twirling on the roof.


3 comments:

  1. i'm crying at dog sandy's cuteness I MISS HER

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOah Love your pictures lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I already loved the post but the last one made me gasp.
    Everything is perfect;from the movement to the bokeh!

    ReplyDelete